How to measure for blinds?
Getting the right measurements for your blinds
Englanderline makes blinds measurements easy for you. Our expert team provides you with a step by step guide for you to follow. Blinds can be fitted either inside or outside your window recess. When a blind is being fitted inside a recess, it is important for you to get the right recess size on the measuring form. When a blind, on the other hand, is being fitted outside a recess, the blind size on the measuring form needs to mentioned accurately. The manufacturing process will be then accomplished according to the size and measurement taken. Please note that if you are willing to fit more than one blind, take the size of each blind individually rather than taking the overall recess size.
Measuring for a recess fitting:
It is important to take the following considerations whether you decide to fit a blind inside or outside the recess.
- If the window opens inwards, it is necessary to fit the blind outside the recess.
- When measuring for a recess fitting, it is important to measure the width and the drop in 3 positions as shown in the following figure and note any protrusions such as tiles or rails.
- Another point is that when measuring the window recess, a metal tape needs to be used to measure your window recess in millimeters.
- Precisely, take measurements of the smallest width and the drop.
- If measuring occurs outside the window recess, it is necessary to allow the blinds to extend roughly about 100 mm from both sides, and 100 mm above and below the window recess as shown:
- The aforementioned instructions can be applied for either roller or Venetian blinds.